Product Manager (m/f)
Location : Almelo
Department : Staff
Employment : Fulltime
We are architects in safety and security
Group 2000 develops IT security, telecom and storage-legal disclosure solution for telecom operators, broadband operators and governments like Law Enforcement en Intelligence Agencies. Based on existing and new technologies and demand from the market, we develop and integrate top quality and complex business-critical IT-environments and interception systems. Our products and services are bundled into the following product line: LIMA.
The Product Manager takes care of translating the needs of the customer into standard Group 2000 products and solutions. The Product Manager is responsible for the assigned portfolio, drawing up product plans (the 4 P’s: product, price, place [ i.e. distribution channels ] and promotion) and monitoring the quality and lifecycle of the products and solutions provided. The Product Manager also follows market developments; reviews market data reports, conducts competition analysis from a marketing and customer perspective and knows how to effectively capitalize on the results. The Product Manager works in close collaboration with the Sales Department in order to pick up on market signals promptly.
- Coordinating, planning, reconciling, releasing and directing all sales collateral and resources for and from the Group 2000 product portfolio (including product sheets, presentations, price lists, business case models, case studies, demo environments, video’s, etc.).
- Plans and carries out the product training for the Sales department, partner channel and for our new employees.
- Knows how to expand the markets and applications, with the purpose of achieving revenue growth (in compliance with margin targets) based on existing technology and the implementation of new product/market combinations.
- Developing specific product marketing strategies per product/market combination.
- Responsible for setting up business cases and corporating implementation plans for new products, solutions and/or segments.
- Shares responsibility for defining, revising and updating the product portfolio and underlying documentation.
- Responsible for the lifecycle management of assigned products, services and/or segments.
- Regularly presenting Group 2000 at conferences, trade shows, product launches, etc.
- Provides functional input to the Solution Architects, Product Owner and other employees regarding product developments and makes sure the information is up-to-date with regards to training and documentation.
- Has meetings on a regular basis with stakeholders regarding platform development and the release of functional platforms.
Characteristics of a Product Manager
- The Product Manager manages a product line end-to-end;
- The Product Manager operates on integrated business cases and is able to provide ample support when decisions have to be made.
Based on knowledge and skills, the Product Managers can identify actions which are offensive, defensive, consolidating and how to keep the fixed costs at a sustainable level and to remain competitive;
- The Product Manager is able to independenty put a high quality and consistent product plan together;
- The Product Manager has a long term vision for the business line. This long time vision is based on market- and technology trends and offers concrete answers to the market of now and tomorrow;
- The Product Manager is able to translate functionality to functional textual and visual concepts which can be released for marketing activities;
- The Product Manager is very well grounded, both verbal as conceptual.
Job requirements and competences
- A relevant Higher Vocational Education or university level education, preferably in Technical Business Administration, complemented by additional training in Marketing (NIMA B is a minimal requirement);
- Relevant experience in business to business ICT-environments and/or industrial marketing;
- Good communication- and negotiation skills;
- Customer focused and a quality-aware attitude and working method;
- Strategic insight and is able to translate the strategy into a practical guidance with regard to marketing campaigns;
- You are decisive and have problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Good knowledge of Dutch and English (both verbal and written);
- At least 5 years of working experience and preferably within the telecom-, internet and entertainment industry;
- You are independent, but can also work well in a team.
The next step
Do you want to work in a demanding and dynamic environment, with the latest technologies and exciting projects? In that case, Group 2000 may be the right place for you as a Product Manager. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
A personal screening (i.e. social media) and an assessment can be part of the job application.
Before employment, you will need to provide Group 2000 with a Certificate of Conduct. A Certificate of Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag, VOG) is a document by which the Dutch State Secretary for Security and Justice declares that the applicant did not commit any criminal offences that are relevant to the performance of his or her duties.
Visit our website at www.group2000.com for more information to help you determine whether Group 2000 is the next step to take in your career!
For more information, please contact Fleur Knuif at firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0) 546 482400. For direct applications, you can send Fleur an e-mail with a brief application letter, picture and your resume.
Please do not make use of this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity.