LIMA Élite works independently and provides full control for the law enforcement agency and the mobile network operator. A LIMA Élite solution consists of a LIMA Élite Backend and a LIMA Élite Target Simulator. The LIMA Élite Backend instructs the LIMA Target Simulator to automatically generates calls, SMS messages and data sessions. The frequency with which this test data is generated by the LIMA Élite Target Simulator is configurable. The SIMs used for generating test calls are being intercepted by the mobile network operators. The interception of the SIM cards can be achieved through the normal interception process of providing warrants for these test numbers. The data received from the Law Enforcement Monitoring Center or the Lawful Interception Mediation System are received in the LIMA Élite Backend and are validated against the session data received from the LIMA Target Simulator. LIMA Élite will automatically cycle through the available connections, testing all mobile network operators and networks in sequence in your country.
As a result all traffic generated by these test numbers associated to the SIM cards in the LIMA Élite Target Simulator is intercepted and delivered to your Monitoring Center.
In a law enforcement agency environment the intercepted IRI and CC data on the Monitoring Center will be forwarded to LIMA Élite, the application verifies the correctness of the generated metadata and their contents. In case deviations are detected between the actual data received and according to your country specifications expected data, the tool will immediately alert the user, so that corrective measures can be taken.
User friendly interface
In a mobile network operator environment, LIMA Élite integrates with the deployed lawful interception mediation system(s) and will simulate a LEMF. Also in this case when deviations are detected between the actual data received and according to your country specifications expected data, the tool will immediately alert the user, in order to take corrective measures and stay compliant.
A LIMA Élite Target Simulator can handle up to 12 mobile network operators e.g. 12 operators each with a 2G, 3G and 4G network.
Key Features of LIMA Élite
- Network & technology independent- Works with 2G, 3G, 4G networks of all telecommunication manufacturing network vendors
- LEMF independent – Integrates with any LEMF System
- Lawful Interception Environment independent – Integrates with any Lawful Intercepition mediation system
- Support validation of all interception types – Voice calls, SMS and mobile data transfers interceptions
- Supports validation of Metadata and Content interception – HI2 and HI3 streams
Technical Specifications of LIMA Élite
- Supports networks (2G, 3G & 4G) of up to 12 mobile network operators
- Supported bands are FDD LTE: B1/B3/B5/B7/B8/B20, UMTS: B5/B8/B1 (850/900/2100MHz), GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- Operating system: CentOS 7.x or Red Hat 7.x
- User friendly web-based GUI
- Comprehensive logging and auditing
- Alerting via e-mail, SNMP, Nagios
- Supports virtual and physical deployments